Position no. 534
The School of Humanities and Social Science at the University of Newcastle is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Linguistics, specialising in applied linguistics and/or sociolinguistics, who will be able to provide teaching input across the range of Linguistics courses, including those offered in the Bachelor of Speech Pathology.
The position is available on a full time, continuing basis.
- PhD awarded by date of application
- Research publications in applied linguistics and/or sociolinguistics
- University teaching experience in linguistics
- Demonstrated potential for collaborative research with academic colleagues and/or industry
- Involvement in research higher degree supervision
- University level teaching and/or research experience in first language acquisition
The Position Classification Standard for Lecturer, Level B should be viewed before applying.
The position is Academic Level B, $63,785 to $75,746 per annum. Salary level within this range will be dependent on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant. Compulsory contributory superannuation is a condition of employment plus generous employer contribution of 17%. The successful applicant will be offered employment on an Australian Workplace Agreement (AWA). You may choose to have your conditions of employment covered by an AWA or a Certified Agreement. Further information on benefits and conditions of employment is available at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/service/employment/conditions.html.
For additional information on the position, please contact Dr John Germov, Acting Head of School of Humanities and Social Science on 49 216315.
Applications Close: 22 December 2006
Before submitting an application, please obtain additional information about the position in one of the following ways:
email: employment-at-newcastle.edu.au or
phone: +612 4921 5266